Negotiations are underway on the Almega Friskoleavtalet collective agreement. Lärarförbundet demands, among other things, an improved work environment through increased professional influence and salary levels that both attract and retain teachers.
Update regarding the negotiations (September 17)
The negotiations continue on September 21. The agreement committee is summoned to a meeting at 5 p.m. on September 21.
Update regarding the negotiations (August 31)
On August 31st 2021, the Almega Employers’ Organisation Free School Agreement expires, but we have agreed to extend the agreement as the negotiations are ongoing. Your terms of employment are thus unchanged. No new salaries for 2021 will be set until the new agreement is in place. The negotiations are ongoing with intensity and Lärarförbundet continues to work for a better working environment and good wage development.
Update regarding the negotiations (August 25)
The negotiations have been resumed after the summer vacation and are now moving towards a more intensive phase. The agreement committee met on August 23 to discuss the progress and direction of the negotiations. The same day, a mail with updates reached all members within the collective agreement. Lärarförbundet will now meet Almega five times from 26 August to 2 September, and the agreement committee is scheduled for the next meeting 1 september.
Summary of Lärarförbundet's demands
A selection of Lärarförbundet's main demands are:
- Salary levels that attract qualified and certified teachers and a salary structure which ensures that experienced and skilled teachers remain in the profession
- ensuring that your teaching assignment falls within your working hours
- Local collective agreements that govern how the staffing and distribution of tasks is handled
- Improvements to the parental leave supplement
- Formalized conditions for working at camp school (lägerskola)
- The development of models which facilitate part-time work at the end of working life, so that those who can and want to, are able to choose a late retirement.
- That it will be made easier for the Lärarförbundet’s members to influence the workplace through becoming a union representative or by forming a trade union club.
The current collective agreement expires on 31 August 2021. Before the new agreement is in place, no new salaries shall be set. It is possible to have conversations about performance and development, but no figures should be discussed or decided.
The membership democracy is central to the negotiations. Our demands have been developed together with a group of elected members who are covered by the: Almega Friskoleavtalet. This agreement committee collaborates closely with Lärarförbundet’s negotiators and advises the National Executive Committee on whether the new agreement proposal should be accepted or not. Read information about the current agreement here!
General information about the collective agreement
Friskoleavtalet applies for employees at most of the (N.B.*) companies within Academedia (for example Pysslingen, Vittra, NTI-gymnasiet), Lärande, Kunskapsskolan, Raoul Wallenbergskolan, Fridaskolan, Atvexa, Bladins and Internationella Engelska skolan. Lärarförbundet has around 11000 members within the agreement's scope.
The collective agreement applies for teachers and principals from preschool to upper secondary school, and also for career guidance counsellors.
* Some of the companies within AcadeMedia are covered by another collective agreement, between Unionen, Sveriges Ingenjörer och Almega Utbildningsföretagen, for example Eductus, Hermods and NTI-skolorna. It should be clearly stated in the employment contract which collective agreement that applies for your employment. If you have questions - call Lärarförbundet Kontakt at 0770 - 33 03 03.