Become a member of Lärarförbundet!
Lärarförbundet – the Swedish Teachers' Union – is an organization for teachers, head teachers and student teachers throughout the Swedish education system. If you become a member right now, you’ll get your first six months for free.
Fill in the form above (in Swedish) or call us to become a member today:
- From Sweden: 0770-33 03 03.
- From abroad: +46 770 33 03 03
Our special offer: 6 months for free
Many teachers and school leaders have a tough work situation and it’s only gotten more challenging during the pandemic. In times like these, no one should go without the support and security provided by union membership. That’s why we’re making it easy for you to take the first step and become one of us: If you become a member right now, you’ll get your first six months for free.*
Who is welcome as a member?
Membership of Lärarförbundet is voluntary. Anyone with a teaching degree or who is studying to become a teacher in the following institutions is welcome:
- Preschool class
- Leisure-time centres
- Other pedagogical activities
- Compulsory school
- Upper secondary school
- Supplementary school
- Adult education
- Folk high schools (independent adult education colleges)
- Higher vocational education
- Universities and university colleges
Head teachers can also be members of Lärarförbundet.
Benefits for members!
Many benefits await you as a member of Lärarförbundet. These include:
- Professional development courses, digital tools giving you an overview of your salary and working hours as well as insurance offers and discounts.
- Support and advice regarding your work situation and career planning.
- In the unfortunate event that you are subject to discrimination or harassment, Lärarförbundet also provides legal advice for our members.
Membership of Lärarförbundet is also an opportunity to become involved in union work in order to influence the situation of teachers and education on a local, national and global level.
Membership fees are deducted from salary, but with some independent employers you may need to pay membership through a monthly personal bank transfer. In the following section you will find detailed information on membership fees:
Professionally active members
- 290 SEK/month – paid by all professionally-active members working at least 75% of a full-time post.
- 150 SEK/month – paid by other professionally-active members working 74% or less of a full-time post.
- If you are temporarily on parental leave, unemployed, on sick leave, studying within another discipline or on unpaid leave, don’t forget to inform Lärarförbundet on +46 770-33 03 03.
If you are a student teacher, you do not pay a membership fee while training to be a teacher. Most member benefits are included, such as training in the form of courses and seminars, offers, support and advice, and much more. You will receive Lärarnas tidning for free.
As a newly-qualified teacher, you receive extra benefits. When you graduate, you will pay only 100 SEK membership fee in total for the entire year in your first year after graduation. For the second year after graduation, the fee is discounted, and you will only pay 150 SEK per month.
When you become a full-time employee after your studies, you will retain all benefits and also receive an income insurance that, together with the unemployment insurance fund, will replace up to 80% of lost income if you lose your job.
PhD students pay 40 SEK per month.
Join now: 6 months for free
You can join Lärarförbundet here:
- Fill in the form on our site (in Swedish).
- Print out this application form and send it to us.
- Call our membership services. From Sweden: 0770-33 03 03. From abroad: +46 770 33 03 03.
Welcome to become one of us – 234 000 members in Lärarförbundet!
*) The offer applies if you become a professionally active member during the period 1/3 - 31/10 2021. After 6 months you’ll pay a membership fee of SEK 150-290/month. If you wish to keep the insurance package included in the first three months of membership through Swedish Teachers Insurance it will be charged separately.